References

«
»
  • New house in North Germany

    The house features a load-bearing rammed earth wall in the building’s interior that serves as a wind lobby for the terrace. A total of 300 m² of wall surface has been plastered with conluto clay plaster with a CONLINO deco clay facing plaster finish in green and yellow.

    Rammed earth from conluto has been used not just for the wall section but also as cladding for the fireplace and stove in the living room.

    Location: North Germany
  • Rammed earth wall in Karlsruhe Free Church Parish Centre, Germany

    The outstanding feature of this new parish centre for the Protestant Free Church in north Karlsruhe is a 7.60 m high rammed earth wall. conluto provided technical know-how for the project and 700 tonnes of rammed earth, mixed to a special light sandy colour according to the client’s requirements.

    This project featured as a case study project in the 6th International Conference on Building with Earth (LEHM 2012) in Weimar.

    Location: Karlsruhe, Germany
  • Clay plaster in the Lighthouse Hotel in Dagebüll, Germany


    Originally built in 1929, the lighthouse helped ships navigate through the outermost Halligan Islands in North Frisia for many years. In June 2012 the lighthouse was reopened after extensive renovation works as a hotel.

    The 15.30 m high and 2.90 by 2.90 m large lighthouse was renovated in its entirely and its interior plastered with 130 m² of conluto clay plaster. Completely insulated and featuring modern windows and a new steel staircase, the interior of the lighthouse is now a unique design hotel.

    Location: Dagebüll, Germany
  • 17th century half-timbered house in Oberursel, Germany

    Originally built in the 17th century, the half-timbered house with exposed timbers underwent extensive renovation works. Old infill panels in the timber frame construction were restored or replaced using earth bricks from conluto. Some 100 m² of exterior wall were plastered with a levelling plaster.

    As part of the Open Monuments Day in the German State of Hessia in June 2011, the first phase of the project in Oberursel was opened to the public as a demonstration restoration site in conjunction with the Jugendbauhütte Romrod / Deutsche Stiftung Denkmalschutz (Youth Mason’s Guild / German Foundation for Monument Protection).

    Location: Oberursel, Germany
  • Körtlinghausen Castle in Rüthen, Germany

    The first records of Körtlinghausen Castle mention the presence of a fort and date back to 1398. The castle as we know it today was built between 1714 and 1746.

    As part of comprehensive renovation works in 2000-2003, extensive sections of the walls and ceilings were clad with reed board insulation and plastered with conluto clay plaster. The historical ceiling construction with earth-clad stakes was  also restored using earth building products and clay plaster from conluto.

    Location: Rüthen, Germany